One of the most useful apps in iOS is the Voice Memos app. Whether you are making note of an important date, compiling a shopping list, or recording a lecture for one of your classes, it is a great way to keep the information you need at your fingertips.
Whatever you use the Voice Memos app to do, you can make your life much more organized and simple by renaming recordings and editing out the unnecessary content. Here is how to do it:
How to Rename an Existing Voice Memo
When voice memos are recorded, they are automatically organized according to the time and date the recording takes place. If you make very many recordings, it can quickly become impossible to locate what you need…especially if you don’t remember when you recorded the information. One great way to remedy this issue is to immediately rename your recordings when you make them. Follow these steps to rename your files for easy reference:
• Open Voice Memos and tap the list icon to open the previously recorded files list. The list icon can be found near the bottom of the right side of the screen.
• Once the list is open, find the file you want to rename and tap the > button beside the file.
You will now see options for labels. Select the options for Custom and type your chosen name for the file.
• Repeat the above steps with all of your voice recordings. You can now easily locate and access your information any time you need it.
Editing a Voice Memo Recording
In addition to renaming your voice recordings, you can choose to edit your recordings so they only contain the information you need. This is particularly useful for very long files such as lectures, meetings, and other important recordings. If you would like to trim these recordings down to a smaller size, follow these steps:
• Follow the above directions to access the Voice Memos list. Tap the > list beside the file you wish to edit.
• Look for the option to “Trim Memo” to the middle of the left side of the screen and select it.
When you choose this option, you will see a bar at the bottom of the screen. You can use this bar to select the sections of the recording you want to cut from the file. Simply drag the bar edges to trim the memo to the size and content you want to keep.
• Once you have completed your selection, tap the play button to preview your edited recording. It is important not to skip this step since changes are permanent after they are saved. Tap the button to “Trim Memo” and save your changes.
By using these helpful features of your iOS Voice Memo app, you can keep your recorded information organized and succinct so it will be easy to access when you really need it. If you liked this post then please share it with your social circles and subscribe to gain access to exclusive web content.